Encourage healthy eating habits.
- Provide plenty of vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain products.
- Include low-fat or non-fat milk or dairy products.
- Choose lean meats, poultry, fish, lentils, and beans for protein.
- Serve reasonably-sized portions.
- Encourage your family to drink lots of water.
- Limit/eliminate sugar-sweetened beverages.
- Limit consumption of sugar and saturated fat.
Start with small changes and don’t make it seem like a punishment. Their health is not a punishment – it’s a reward!